- Women on average think about sex 10 times a day, whilst men, almost double, thinking about sex almost 20 times a day. That's almost 7,000 times a year.
- About 1.1 million American men and 800,000 women between the ages of 25 and 45 have never had sex.
- Many people state that the optimum time for sex is between 3 and 13 minutes.
- One study showed that 85% of men report that their sexual partner had an orgasm during their most recent sexual encounter, but only 64% of women report that they had an orgasm during their most recent sex.
- One study showed that 70-80% of women usually achieve orgasm only by clitoral.
- Sperm leaves the penis during ejaculation at about 28 miles per hour.
- About 400 million sperm cells could fit on the head of a pin.
- The clitoris has double the number of nerve endings as the end of the penis.
- Despite numbering in their hundreds of millions, sperm only makes up about 3% of a man's semen.
- It takes a sperm an hour to swim a few inches.
- A teaspoon of semen contains about 5 calories.
- It's thought that a longer ring finger results from higher testosterone exposure in the womb.
- There are about 34 million people living with HIV worldwide.
- Unused sperm is reabsorbed back into the body.
June 18, 2013
Sex: How It Works Facts