Supersized Pets Facts
- Bison can be 5 to 6.5 feet (1.5 to 2 meters) tall at the shoulder, and can weigh up to a ton (900 kilograms).
- Buffalo are ruminants, which means they have a four-compartment stomach, They chew up their food, swallow it, then they burp it back up, and chew it again.
- Black throated monitor lizards can grow to be over 50 pounds (20kg) and more than 5 feet (1.5m) in length.
- Reindeer antlers are used to ward off predators, and also when they’re in mating season, for fighting to determine who’s the champion bull.
- Great Danes grow incredibly fast. In their first year, they grow as much as a child grows in 14 years.
- Wendy, the whippet, is a rare case of bully whippet syndrome. That’s a double muscling, so she has double the muscle mass that most dogs have.
- Snails only go at two speeds - 0 and .004 miles per hour, which is about 230 ft. per hour (70 meters per hour).