- Baroque pearls generally cost less than round pearls. Still of great quality, baroque pearls cost less because of the irregularity of their shape.
- The rounder a pearl is, the rarer and more valuable it is.
- Coca-cola was first sold to the public in 1886 out of Jacob’s pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia.
- One of the most important factors that contributed to the success of the soft drink and syrup was advertising and marketing. Coca-cola became a household brand by the 1900s because of the advertising campaign.
- Coca-cola memorabilia is a favorite among collectors because of the sheer volume of advertisements and the durability of their signs, products, etc.
- Invented in 1938, kerosene brush burners are used preserve crops and eliminating the weeds in cotton fields specifically.
- Formed in Nuremberg, Germany, the company, Schüco, produced mini doll bears that became popular after the First World War.
- In 1927, Schüco released the extremely unique compact bear that doubled as a ladies purse, complete with compact powder, lipstick, and a mini puff for application.
- Sulphide marbles are translucent marbles that encase a small figurine in their center. They were produced in Germany until the 1930s.
- To make sulphide marbles, once the porcelain figurine is created, a glassman will heat up glass and submerge the figurine completely. This process is repeated several times and the glass is folded and smoothed over.
September 18, 2012
Facts: The Toilet Farm
Fun Facts Related to This Episode