America's Lost Treasures
Across America, in basements and barns, attics and backyards, there are forgotten links to our national history. Objects with unexpected value and incredible true stories are just waiting to be uncovered. And now the National Geographic Channel is on a quest to do just that!
In our new 10-epiosde series, America’s Lost Treasures, we are coming to cities across America in search of historical objects with unexpected value – AND WE WANT YOU TO BE PART OF THE SHOW!
Do you have a Civil War era musket? Letters or documents from the founding fathers? Ancient Native American artifacts, antique musical instruments, or pop-culture collectibles?
If you’ve got a prized family heirloom, or found object, with a connection to history and a great story behind it, your artifact could be eligible for a $10,000 Award and inclusion in a future National Geographic exhibit.
Over the next few months we’ll be shooting the show at top museums in the following cities:
- Los Angeles, CA. – November 7th, 2011
- Santa Ana, CA. – November 14th, 2011
- New Orleans, LA. – November 29th, 2011
- Savannah, GA. – December 5th, 2011
- Austin, TX. – January 5th, 2012
- Kansas City, MO. – January 11th, 2012
- Philadelphia, PA. – January 23rd, 2012
- Winterthur, DE. – January 30th, 2012
- Los Angeles, CA. – February 13th, 2012
- Milwaukee, WI. – February 19th, 2012
NOT SURE IF YOUR OBJECT IS THE REAL DEAL?
You’ll have the opportunity to bring it to a major museum in one of these cities and have it examined by experts to find out how your object fits into the rich tapestry of American history.
If you have something that relates to a person, place, or event that you think may have historical significance contact us ASAP, as space is limited!
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW FOR A CHANCE TO BE ON THE SHOW!