Drugs, Inc.: Magic Mushroom Medicine
Psychedelic mushrooms are an unlikely friend in the battle against incredibly painful cluster headaches.
Interesting treatment! I find that for me daily head massages have done wonders, I got the info here: http://www.chistreams.com/healing-power-head-massage It seems simple but I just kept doing it for 30 days and it started working the 25 (yeah, I had to wait). Now I do head massages three times a day, even more if I have stress. But the mushrooms seem more like e permanent method. If I was not scared of such intense methods I might try it. I have also heard ayahuasca could help but it seems too much risk to me. I hope everyone finds a safe cure that is right for them, good luck!!!
Dan is a HERO, to me, and thousands of others. Quick synopsis. I have chronic cluster headaches. 9+ years of attacks everyday, several times a day. I tried every legal medicine known to the pharma world. I had 4 brian surgeries. Nothing worked. Today as i write this.....I have had 2 attacks in 63 days. Mild attacks.All from magic mushrooms. As far as the comments below. there is a strict set of guidelines one must do prior to the medicine. All can be found on a website called ClusterBusters. read, read and read. I have met Dan and his relentless drive to help people is evident. He is a kind outstanding human being. I am a better person because of this person.
What are the negative side affects for people who take mushrooms just for headaches?
If marijuana is approved for medical reasons, why aren't mushrooms approved for the use to subside headaches?
Why are these headaches more prominent in men than in women?
Will there ever be a cure to these headaches?
1. Why are they more prone in men?
2. Are they genetic headaches?
3. Does he need a license or something to be able to grow the mushrooms in his house?
1. Why are they more prone in men?
2. Are the headaches genetic?
3. Does he need a license or something to be able to grow it in his house?
1) Since women tend to have a higher stress level than men, why are they more prone to cluster headaches than women are?
2) Why would someone be judgmental about using mushrooms to cure headaches, especially if the victim had been close to committing suicide because of the pain?
1) Why are men more prone to cluster headaches than women?
2) are cluster headaches themselves deadly? (not including their possible outcomes like suicide and everything, but the headaches themselves.)
3) Is growing mushrooms legal? Is there some type of license involved?
4) How does Dan know when to take the mushroom capsules?
1. Why is it that men are more prone to these headaches than women? is it in their genes dealing with the Y chromosome?
2. Do the mushrooms have any negative side effects that can harm their bodies in other ways?
3. Is it legal for dan to grow mushrooms?
1. What are the side effects with taking mushrooms other than nausea that Dan has discovered?
2. What part of the brain does cluster headaches occur and how can oxygen help?
1. What do believe is the reason that men are more prone to cluster headaches than women?
2. How are the mushroom medications taken in order to relieve the cluster headaches? (orally, or another way?)
1. What would be some side effects of the Psychedelic mushrooms?
2. Would the mushrooms be legal for medical use?
Is there any other thing that can help people like Dan except oxygen? Why is it so hard to find out the cause of the condition?
1. Why are males more prone to cluster headaches than females?
2. What part of the brain do the cluster headaches most affect?
1. Are cluster headaches more common in males or females?
2. What are some general side-effects associated with this sort of treatment?
What part of the brain causes the "head-attaches"? Why can oxygen help with attaches? Why is Dan unwilling to buy the drugs and grows them himself?
What part of the brain does the psilocybin effect that neutralizes the cluster headaches? How do you grow your own mushrooms and is it legal?
do you eat the magic mushrooms to help the headaches or how do you take them? What part of the brain causes these headaches?
.how does the mushrooms stop the cluster headaches?
2. what part of the brain do these cluster headaches come from?
Is there anyway to find out what causes these headaches? Is the cure for the headache safe to be taking on a regular basis?
As a cluster headache patient for nearly 30 years, I use a similar treatment and for the first time I FINALLY have my life back. I highly recommend that cluster sufferers research their options, discuss it with their neuro or gp to make a decision that is right for them. Cluster Busters dot com is a good place to start to get valuable information.
I need to find out how I can watch the whole program. I suffer from clusters. A family member sent me this clip. Does anyone know how I can view the whole episode?
i'd love to chat with the dan in the interview here, if anyone can put me in touch. this is the first i'm hearing of the mushroom treatment, and as i sit here with one of (too many) unbearably insane headaches, i want to give this treatment a try.
I quite enjoyed the first season of National Geographic's and Discovery Channel's "Drugs Inc." it was surprisingly balanced and contained a fairly large amount of real scientific facts.
Like almost all television stations based in the USA, Discovery Channel's (and National Geographic's) content, particularly where scientific facts are concerned, has to be viewed as severely compromised due to the prevalence of political interference in the broadcast industry in that country, this particular episode is a good example of that kind of interference.
I have no doubt that Discovery Channel went to a fair amount of effort to find this particular gentleman with his dislike of the psychedelic effects of mushrooms that commonly grow in cow fields across the entire planet but still managed to provide a story about proven, beneficial effects of this natural medicine.
I have to continue to praise Discovery for it's reasonably fair treatment and exposure of useful facts in the first season of this series, the second season sadly, appears to offer little in the way of educational facts about drugs as well as other intoxicants such as alcohol, marijuana and psilocybin mushrooms and more about the crime and reality show style interviews with various criminals willing to brag about their exploits.
@Caroline Goble “Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”– Terence McKenna
@Dana JacobsThis is the only part of the episode about cluster headaches. To learn more, visit the website of cluster busters.
@j. davisThe fellow in the clip is a member at cluster busters -- you can visit that website to learn more. Also, try the website of cluster headaches.