Ring of Fire Facts
- Torque is a measure of how much a force causes an object to rotate.
- The recoil from a gun illustrates Newton’s third law of motion: For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
- Usain Bolt, the fastest man on Earth, has been clocked running more than 27 mph.
- One potential way to increase your running speed is to extend your stride length.
- Doubling height increases velocity by 40% and doubles the energy of the impact.
- A unicycle is basically an upside down pendulum. It is inherently unstable.
- Slacklining involves lots of side-to-side motion to counter the movement of the line, something also virtually impossible on a unicycle.