- The first Motorcycle was steam powered and created in the late1860's by Sylvester H. Roper.
- Roper died of a heart attack while demonstrating his bike at a show in 1896.
- His original bike is in the Smithsonian Museum.
- In 1894, Hildebrand & Wolfmuller created the first production motorcycle. They also coined the term, "motorcycle."
- Montana has the most motorcycles per capita.
- There are 39,965 people living in the city of Hickory, North Carolina.
- There are 158 known Churches in Hickory.
- In 1903, William S. Harley and brothers Arthur and Walter Davidson founded Harley Davidson Motorcycle in a shed in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- The motorcycle company Kawasaki used to make spaceships.
- Henry Winkler, who played The Fonz in the TV sitcom "Happy Days," didn't actually know how to ride a motorcycle.
- In 1999 Harley Davidson unsuccessfully attempted to trademark the term "Hog."
- By the end of World War II, Harley Davidson had produced 90,000 motorcycles for military use.
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are approximately seven million registered motorcycles in the country.
- Since the repeal of the Motorcycle Helmet mandate in PA, motor cycles deaths have increased nearly 35%.
- There were over 5,000 deaths in motorcycle accidents in the US during 2012.
October 30, 2013
Biker Church Reborn Facts