- Animals like cattle, goats, and sheep never lose their horns naturally.
- Around 2,500 people fought in the Battle of Glorieta Pass.
- The Union nearly lost the Battle of Glorieta Pass, but after they destroyed the Confederate supply trains, they won the campaign.
- Both sides of the American Civil War used snipers.
- The 1841 Mountain Howitzer cannon was used in the Mexican-American War, the Civil War, and the Indian Wars.
- The howitzer could be dismantled into pieces in order to be carried by three mules or horses.
- An intact Civil War cannon can be worth up to $200,000.
August 05, 2013