- An estimated 2,000 gang members and a minimum of 250 independent gangs operate in Miami-Dade county.
- Between 2009 – 2010, the majority of cocaine deaths and addiction treatment reports were among those older than 35 in Miami-Dade county.
- According to data collected from the El Paso Intelligence Center's National Seizure System, in a span of two years, the number of meth lab seizures increased 148% from 2007 to 2009 in Florida.
- The rate of cocaine-related ER visits per 100,000 individuals nearly doubled double the national rate per capita.
- In 2009, Methadone was the most lethal prescription opioid in Florida, suspected to be the cause of death for 75% of all decedents in which traces were detected.
- A total of 41,285,772 doses of Oxycodone were dispensed by Florida practitioners in the first half of 2010, representing 89.6 percent of the total dose units distributed by practitioners nationwide.
- According to the NDIC, tablets of ecstasy are bought wholesale (in bulk) in Miami for $4-$5 per tablet or dose, and are sold at retail for $9 for a single pill.
August 08, 2013
Miami Vices Facts