- The dominant drug suppliers to Philadelphia are Mexican gangs, a position formerly held by Columbians.
- African American and Hispanic street gangs dominate the street level trade.
- Heroin is easily available and has a high rate of abuse in Philly. The prices are cheap and the potency is high.
- There has been a sharp rise in property crime which police attribute to the large volume of people abusing pain medication.
- The city of Philadelphia has the seventh-highest crime rate in the nation among cities of more than 500,000 people.
- There were 306 murders in 2010 in Philadelphia.
- Commercial-grade Mexican marijuana is the strain most dominant in the area, locally produced strains and high-potency Canadian marijuana are becoming increasingly more available.
- Nearly $20 million worth of drugs were seized in the Philadelphia-Camden region in 2010
- PCP, more commonly known as angel dust, is rising in popularity among young females and males in the Landsdale area of Camden.
- PCP not only lasts longer than crack cocaine but it is much less expensive as well.
August 08, 2013
Philly Dope Facts