The Situation Room
U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, along with members of the national security team, receive an update on Operation Neptune's Spear, a mission against Osama bin Laden, in one of the conference rooms of the Situation Room of the White House, May 1, 2011.
Seated, from left to right, are:
- Vice President Biden,
- President Obama,
- Brigadier General Marshall B. “Brad” Webb, USAF, Assistant Commanding General, Joint Special Operations Command;
- Denis McDonough, Deputy National Security Advisor;
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, Secretary of State; and
- Robert Gates, Secretary of Defense.
Standing, from left to right, are:
- Admiral Mike Mullen, USN, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff;
- Tom Donilon, National Security Advisor;
- Bill Daley, Chief of Staff;
- Tony Blinken, National Security Advisor to the Vice President;
- Audrey Tomason, Director for Counterterrorism;
- a person in a beige shirt;
- John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism;
- James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence; and
- a person in a black suit with a light blue tie, the same person seen here.
Note: a classified document seen in this photograph has been obscured at the source location.