- Virginia has over 46,000 farms.
- A typical Virginia farmer is about 58 years old. Almost three of every ten Virginia farmers are 65 or older.
- The average size of a farm in Virginia is 171 acres.
- The average Virginia farm has assets worth more than a million dollars.
- A bull is an un-castrated male bovine, used for breeding
- A calf is a male or female baby bovine. It relies on milk in order to grow and survive.
- A cow is an adult female bovine that has given birth. Before giving birth, cows are known as heifers.
August 08, 2013
Fence Fiasco Facts