- The East and West Branches of the Delaware River converge in Hancock, NY and flow 28 miles south to Callicoon, NY.
- The Delaware River spans five states and is the longest free-flowing river in the eastern part of the U.S.
- Eels prefer to travel during dark and stormy nights.
- Freshly caught eels are often kept in live boxes to get rid of any muddy flavor.
- The people of Indiana have been called Hoosiers for over a hundred and fifty years.
- The Chicken of the Woods mushroom grows in clusters and can have up to 50 overlapping caps in a single cluster.
- The 2001-2002 mushroom crop in the U.S. totaled 851 million pounds.
- Most of the American ginseng exported from the U.S. goes to Hong Kong.
- Martinez, CA is the birthplace of New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio.
- California has approximately 33 million acres of forest.
April 14, 2014
Livin' Off the Land Facts