- Crystalline gold is one of the rarest naturally occurring forms of gold. Specimen nuggets are often classified as gemstones and therefore can attract much higher values than the equivalent weight in bullion gold.
- The Liberty Gold Mining Properties are located in Siskiyou County, California, USA.
- Crystalline gold is gold that is found still attached to its host rock, usually quartz, and is usually found in veins and pockets within the rock.
- The Liberty Mining District in central Washington is currently removed from active claiming which means the area is open to anyone who wants to give prospecting a try.
- The World’s Largest Crystallized Gold nugget ever found weighs 44 pounds!!! It is currently on display at the museum at IronStone Vineyards in Murphys, California.
- The Pig is one of the 12 symbols in the Chinese zodiac. One of these is the pig. There are 5 kinds of pigs, Fire, Earth, Water, Metal, and Wooden. 1971 was the most recent year of Metal Pig.
- Katana is a finely crafted curved sword, also known as a “Samurai Sword” because it was the popular weapon during the Samurai period in feudal Japan. Artisan katanas can sell for several thousand dollars.
- The word Sonar was originally an acronym for SOund Navigation And Ranging.
- One of the purposes of Sonar is the use of sound waves to detect objects underwater.
- The invention of sonar is attributed to Leonardo Da Vinci in 1490.
November 14, 2013
Silver Sword, Golden Pig Facts