- SPT built the first Winter X-Games course in 1997.
- SPT has built over 250 competition courses.
- In May 2010, Torstein Horgmo was the first person to land a triple cork in snow board competition.
- Torstein Horgmo is from Tronheim, Norway.
- At X-Games 2012, Mark McMorris was the first athlete to land a triple cork 1440.
- Mark McMorris, is from Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Mark McMorris's father, Don, is the Minister of Highways and Infrastructure for the Canadian province of Saskatchewan.
- Aspen is the 53rd largest city in Colorado.
- Aspen's average annual snowfall is 300 inches.
- Buttermilk resort was started by a ski instructor, Freidl Pfeifer who was looking for terrain more suited for beginners.
- Buttermilk has hosted the X Games multiple times.
- Pfeifer was a member of the 10th Mountain Division during WWII, which trained in Pando, Colorado about 60 miles from Buttermilk.
- The 10th Mountain Division served in combat in Europe for four months, but endured one of the highest casualty rates.
- The 10 Mountain Division was instrumental in the campaign against the Germans in the Apennine Mountains in Italy.
April 30, 2013
Winter X Games Facts