- In 2012 the total cost of substance abuse in the United States, including illegal drugs, tobacco and alcohol, surpassed $600 billion.
- More then 60 percent of visits to an emergency room involve some type of drug or alcohol usage.
- People who are dependent on substances display both physical and mental effects including impaired muscle control, dizziness, poor attention, exaggerated emotion and vomiting.
- In 2011 roughly 8.7 percent of the American population used illegal drugs or abused medication every month.
- Marijuana is the most commonly used drug by people over the age of 12 in America, and the drug's use has been steadily increasing.
- The American Pregnancy Association defines a miscarriage as a pregnancy that ends on its own within the first 20 weeks.
- Studies reveal miscarriages as the most common type of pregnancy loss, with anywhere from 10-25% of clinically documented pregnancies ending with a miscarriage.
- The most frequent cause of a miscarriage is chromosomal abnormalities, which are caused by damaged egg or sperm cells.
- An older maternal age increases the chances of miscarriage, especially with women over 45-years-old having up to a 50% chance of miscarriage.
- Signs and symptoms of miscarriage include back pain, weight loss, contractions, abnormal discharge and a decrease in overall signs of pregnancy.
- The timber rattlesnake is Kentucky's biggest venomous snake.
- The state of Kentucky has a relatively healthy population of timber rattlesnakes with an average life span of 25 years.
- The copperhead snake can be found through out the state of Kentucky and may live as long as 15 years in the wild.
- Unlike the timber rattlesnake, the western pigmy rattlesnake can only be found in limited western areas of Kentucky including the Calloway, Lyon, and Trigg counties.
- Every time rattlesnakes shed their skin they add a rattle to their tail, which may happen as many as five times a year.
- The Pentecostal movement is said to have begun in January 1901 when Charles Fox Parham began to promoted the belief that speaking in tongues was a faithful baptism with the Holy Spirit.
Drug Use and Addiction
Western Pigmy Rattlesnakes