- Like rattlesnakes, exotic pet snakes, such as large constrictor snakes, need adequate living conditions and enough room to exercise; otherwise they may develop illnesses, infections, and suffer from parasites.
- Major exotic pet retailers in the US can sell pet snakes for more than $200.
- The marriage rate for Kentucky is 7.5 per 1,000 people. The divorce rate is 4.4 per 1,000.
- Nevada has the highest marriage rate in the United States, 36.9 per 1,000 people. The divorce rate for the state is 5.6 per 1,000 people.
- Between 2006 and 2010 there were 5,534 women between the ages of 15 and 44 married for the first time. During that same time period there were 1,574 divorces.
- Approximately 59 percent of teens in the United States aged 15 and up leave their church either permanently or for a long period of time.
- There can be more than 1,000,000 spiders in one acre of grassland.
- Spiders can be found in dark corners of a house and on mountains up to 22,000 feet above sea level.
- Although there are many different species of spiders in the United States, only two, the black widow and the brown recluse, are poisonous.
- In countries such as Tajikistan, text messages have been used as a legal way to get a divorce.
- In 2011, Malta voted to legalize divorce. The country was the last remaining country in the European Union to legally allow divorce.
- As of 2011, married couples in the US represent less than 50 percent of the households for the first time on record.
- In Kentucky, a pregnant teen or a teen who has had a child can get married without parental consent if she is under age. But authorization from the court is necessary.
- If a teen is under 18 years of age, they must have the consent of their parents to get married in Kentucky. If they are under 16, the District Court must also approve.
- All but one state in the United States allows teens 18 years old or older to get married without parental consent. The only state to not allow this is Nebraska, where teens must be 19 or older.
- Not all spiders spin the same webs. Cobwebs are common in attics, basements, and around the house, but other spiders spin funnel webs, orb webs, and sheet webs. Each traps insects in a slightly different way.
- Spider silk may someday be used for a variety of things including fishing line and to dress wounds.
- Snake shedding may be inhibited because of mites, humidity being too high or low, or malnutrition.
- When a reptile sheds, their eyes become white-blue because fluids are pooling up between the old and new eye layers.
September 27, 2013
Sin or Serpents Facts