- Vohne Liche Kennels (VLK), pronounced Von Lick, is a full service K-9 training facility where only the best go for highly trained police/military service dogs.
- VLK was founded by United States Air Force Senior Master Sergeant Kenneth Licklider, in 1993.
- The training staff includes 18 on-site trainers and 6 off-site trainers. Much of the training staff is either former military, law enforcement or both.
- VLK has trained police and military service dogs for more than 5,000 law enforcement and government agencies, including the National Security Agency (NSA), Pentagon Police, U.S. State Department, all military branches and more than 500 civilian and police agencies.
- The VLK facility is located over 600 acres in Denver, Ind., and includes three kennels, obstacle courses, dormitories, training classrooms, training buildings, and a workout gym.
- They also operate kennels in Banning, Calif., Yuma, Ariz.
- At any given time VLK maintains around 350 dogs in various phases of training.
- VLK also utilizes off-site facilities in both rural and urban areas to provide real-life experiences to teams, including warehouses, hotels, schools, lumber yards, impound lots, jails and private residences.
- Dog prices at VLK reach as high as $50,000 depending on the amount of training and what the dog is trained to do.
January 18, 2013
About Vohne Liche Kennels