- Dennis Fetzer is the General Manager at Vohne Liche Kennels.
- Dennis received his K9 training at Kadena Air Base in Okinawa, Japan in 1973.
- After retiring from the military, Dennis spent 8 years as the deputy warden for the Pennsylvania Corrections Facility.
- Cell phones give off an odor that a dog can be trained to find.
- Jails and prisons have phones for inmates to use. These phones are monitored and recorded, and cost money to use for the detainees.
- The number of cell phones that have been confiscated from federal prisons has doubled from 2008 to 2010.
- In 2009, 4,000 contraband cell phones were confiscated from California state prisons.
- In California, it is a misdemeanor crime for a prison guard or loved one to smuggle a cell phone to an inmate.
- In August of 2010, President Obama signed a law that makes the possession of a cellular device inside a federal prison a felony.
- In addition to using cell phone dogs, some jails are also implementing special equipment that only allows specific phones to dial out in a certain area.
- Sheriff Tim Miller is a sheriff with the Miami County Police Department.
- Max is a Border Collie mix, who was originally intended to be a bomb-sniffing dog for the T.E.D.D. program.
January 16, 2013
Bad Call! Facts