- Kenny retired from the Air Force before starting Vohne Liche Kennels.
- Frank Lacaden is a K9 handler from the Sherriff's department in Oahu, Hawaii.
- The Hawaiian law enforcement officers are looking for a dog that can smell money to help cut down on money laundering in Hawaii.
- K9s are used in airports all across the world to help catch people who are trying to launder money illegally.
- Any individuals or families carrying $10,000 or more must declare with US Customs or face possible forfeiture of their money and civil or criminal penalties.
- The spending public hasn't handled a bill that is considered uncirculated, which keeps it free of additional odors.
- Uncirculated coins are sometimes collected and feature a grade ranking, which can change the value of each coin by thousands of dollars.
- The Pentagon is one of the largest office buildings in the world, spanning five above ground floors and over 6.5 million square feet of gross floor area.
- Workers began construction on the Pentagon on September 11th, 1941, sixty years to the day that it was attacked by terrorists in 2001.
- The Pentagon is home to the Department of Defense, which oversees every branch of the US military.
- Approximately 1 million emails are sent from inside the walls of the Pentagon each day.
- Richard Pangborn is a K9 handler for the Pentagon Force Protection Agency, which is in charge of keeping the Pentagon safe on a daily basis.
- The second and current director of the Pentagon Force Protection Agency is Steven E. Calvery.
January 16, 2013
Money Dog Facts