- The Yuma Proving Ground is located in Yuma, AZ.
- Yuma is the largest city in Arizona outside of the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas.
- The city of Yuma that exists today was first called Arizona City when it was founded in 1871.
- The first plane to touch down in the state of Arizona landed in Yuma in 1911.
- The Yuma Proving Ground is one of the largest military installations in the western world, from a geographical standpoint.
- The developmental testing of the AH-64 Apache Helicopter was completed at the Yuma Proving Ground.
- Gunnery Sgt. Kristopher "Gunny" Knight runs the TEDD program at the Yuma Proving Ground.
- Approximately 36,000 parachute drops take place each year at the Yuma Proving Ground.
- Over 3,000 of Yuma County's residents are employed by the Yuma Proving Ground.
- On June 14, 2012, the United States Army celebrated its 237th birthday.
- The first ATV's were sold in the United States in the early 1970's.
- In 2010, there were an estimated 115,000 ATV related injuries that required emergency-room treatment.
- In 2010, an estimated 25% of all people injured on All Terrain Vehicles were under the age of 16.
January 16, 2013
No Man Left Behind Facts