- Tigers have been recorded to have vertical leaps of over 12 feet high.
- A tiger's roar can be heard two miles away.
- Tigers can take down water buffalo that are more than twice their size.
- A tiger's diet in the wild includes wild boar, water buffalo, deer, sambar, tapir and chiltal. Sometimes they will prey on leopards, pythons, sloth bears and crocodiles.
- Cats can hear around three times better than humans.
- A female tiger needs to consumer about 6,600 pounds of meat every year.
- In captivity, a tiger can live to be over 20 years old. In the wild, a tiger could live into its teen years, but life spans are usually shorter, between 8 and 10 years.
- Since 2000, there have been over 90 incidents in which privately owned primates have escaped or attacked resulting in human injury in the USA.
- A 200-pound chimpanzee is five to seven times stronger than a human.
- Baboons can live up to 30 years old.
- Baboons are omnivores and their diet in the wild consists of grass, berries, seeds, pods, blossoms, leaves, roots, bark and sap from a variety of plants. Baboons also eat insects and small quantities of meat, such as fish, shellfish, hares, birds, vervet monkeys and even young, small antelope.
September 07, 2012
Facts: Trouble With Bubba