- Owls have excellent hearing, and can hear a rodent stepping on a leaf 75 feet away.
- Crocodiles are the largest living reptiles.
- Freshwater stingrays can grow to be over 15 feet long and weigh over 700 pounds.
- The brown bear is the most widely distributed bear species, and can be found in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- The honey badger is one of Africa’s fiercest animals. It has attacked lions and buffalo.
- There are more than 200 squirrel species around the world.
- The whale shark’s mouth can be up to five feet wide.
- A lion’s roar can be heard from up to five miles away.
- Muskox can weigh between 400 and 900 pounds.
- Sharks have been around for over 400 million years.
- Warthogs can run as fast as 30 miles per hour.
- Today, fragmented leopard populations stretch between North China and West Africa.
- The name "duiker" means "diver," and refers to the fact that they dive for cover when surprised.
May 22, 2013
Zombie Fish Facts