National Geographic Society

  • Connect:

My Dog Ate What? Batteries, a Rock, and Cereal Boxes

Published
My Dog Ate What? Batteries, a Rock, and Cereal Boxes
Golden retriever-Labrador mix Hoyt swallows a bottle cap that lodges in his stomach, prompting an emergency run to the clinic. Ella Maurice is a smart collie who makes a terrible mistake when she swallows two AA batteries whole and needs surgery before the batteries have a chance to leak. Meanwhile, German shepherd Myla swallows a pincushion, and an African spurred tortoise becomes sick after eating everything from seven screws to 42 pebbles.

Credits

Videos