- The Rainforest Café has almost 10 thousand gallons of aquarium in one restaurant alone.
- The Amazon River is home to more than 2,000 species of fish, more than the Atlantic Ocean.
- The popular Siamese fighting fish, more commonly known as a Betta fish, originates from Southeast Asian rivers. Betta fish are carnivorous.
- The All Fish Emporium has over 130 different species of salt and fresh water fish for purchase.
- Living Color manufactures more than 250 types of artificial coral, the largest selection in the industry.
- Every year, coral reefs provide $400 billion in goods and services.
- Some corals such as the Brain and small Star corals are hermaphrodites and produce both sperm and eggs at the same time, allowing them to reproduce with themselves.
- The oldest ancestors of modern coral reefs are dated back over 240 million years ago.
- The Great Barrier Reef is made up of 3,000 individual reefs, 1,000 islands, and can be seen from space.
- Some reef fish such as the Neon Dottyback are hermaphrodites.
- The bright patterns on reef fish play a role in how they attract mates.
- Coral reefs have helped contribute to treatments for cardiovascular diseases, ulcers, leukemia, and skin cancer.
November 05, 2012
Extreme Tankover Facts