- Within the state of California’s borders, there are extensive stretches of desert—25,000 square miles in total!
- California deserts are home to a host of deadly creatures, including rattlesnakes, scorpions and black widow spiders.
- The yin-yang is a Far Eastern visual symbol that represents all the phenomena of life. Among other representations, the yin represents femininity and the yang represents masculinity.
- In general, "dowsing" is an unexplained method in which a forked twig or wire is used to find desired objects. Common implementations of this method are to locate water sources or lost jewelry.
- Despite its calming blue and yellow appearance, blue hippo tangs actually have a razor-sharp spine and venomous fin spines.
- Squirrelfish can actually communicate with each other by producing sound from their swim bladder.
- One family of catfish, known as the electric catfish, has an electrogenic ability. It is capable of discharging 350 volts of electricity.
- The biggest channel catfish ever caught measured at four feet long and fifty-eight pounds.
- Computer-aided design software programs help engineers design a wide range of physical structures ranging from buildings to mobile phones.
April 01, 2014