- Owyhee Canyons are indeed considered one of the most remote and inaccessible areas in the Oregon, Idaho, and Nevada area.
- Some of the animals that live in Owyhee include black bears, cougars, coyotes, snakes, and spiders.
- Rattlesnakes are found in Owyhee. Precautionary steps must be taken to ensure safety.
- Twisting your ankle can mean you not being able to climb out of a canyon or any other situation you’re in. You would be limited to slow and leveled walking and nothing more.
- Panicking after a bite will raise your heart rate which will spread the venom throughout your body quickly.
- You can avoid rock fall by evaluating the condition of the rocks you are walking under. You should also make sure you are not standing under a rock in case it breaks apart.
- Cougars are indeed the largest cats in the Owyhee and they go by many names including mountain lion and puma.
- Almost 1,000 bat species in the world and they make up a quarter of the mammal population.
- Elk have multiple chambers in their stomachs. This helps them to break down tough foods and extract the necessary nutrients.
February 18, 2014