- Afghan hounds like Aiden are considered as aristocrats due to their silky coat and dignified composure.
- Musical canine freestyle is a mixture of dog obedience, tricks and dance that showcases creative interaction and the bond between a dog and its owner.
- This sport has grown in popularity since the early 1990s. It started when owners began adding dance elements to their routines during canine competitions for some extra pizzazz!
- In Musical Canine Freestyle competitions, points are given for technical merit and artistic impression. Dancing teams are also judged on their costumes and the style and content of the dance.
- In addition to being a fun and amusing activity, dog dancing boosts a dog's intelligence, mobility, and cooperation.
- Queen Victoria's Royal Rat Catcher Jack Black has been credited with the domestication of the rat. He kept the colorful and more interesting rats in order to breed them and eventually sell them as pets to upper crust young ladies.
- World Rat Day is on April 4th. It's a day to celebrate the rat as a pet and companion and give them the recognition they deserve.
- In 1901, Mary Douglas wrote to the National Mouse Club in England and asked them to start accepting rats in order to create standard classes for them. The NMC did, until 1929, when they sadly returned to just accepting mice.
- The rat is one of the 12-year cycles of the zodiac in the Chinese calendar. It is said that those born in the year of the rat are charming, clever, and have a great business sense.
- The life expectancy of a rat is about 2 to 3 years.
- Most inland bearded dragons that are raised in captivity today are descended from reptiles that were illegally brought to the United States from Australia during the 1980s.
- Todd Ray, frequent owner of two-headed animals, owns two bearded dragons – each with six legs and two heads! Both dragons, Pancho and Lefty and Jeckyl and Hyde, are often on display at the Venice Beach Freakshow in Los Angeles.
- Both male and female bearded dragons use their beards for displays of mating and aggression. During these displays, the beard will darken and sometimes turn black.
- It's common for a bearded dragon's front teeth to fall out when they are biting into their prey. There's nothing to worry about because their teeth grow back!
- Leafy greens like arugula, collard greens and cilantro are some of the best veggies for your beardie's diet!
March 05, 2013
Reigning Rats & Dogs Facts