- Before marrying his wife Diane, Dr. Pol considered moving to New Zealand to open up a veterinary practice.
- Dr. Pol has rescued several Great Danes, rabbits, a cow, and several emus that he adopted and helped raise with his family.
- Dr. Pol first practiced veterinary medicine at Harbor Beach, Michigan.
- Dr. Pol’s favorite food is pork chops.
- Dr. and Mrs. Pol purchase all of their beef and pork products from local farmers.
- Charles was the watermelon-eating champion of Chippewa Hills High School in 1998.
- Charles coached football at Chippewa Hills High School from 1998-2001.
- Charles graduated from the University of Miami, Florida, with a degree in communications in 2003.
- Dr. Pol’s sister lives in Canada and used to run her own dairy farm.
- Dr. Pol’s brother owned a dairy farm in the Netherlands.
- Before driving Jeep Grand Cherokees, Dr. Pol used to drive station wagons to his farm calls.
- Since Pol Veterinary Services opened in 1981, Dr. Pol has employed 13 veterinarians.
- All three of Dr. Pol’s children have worked at his veterinary clinic.
- Dr. Pol’s children have raised lambs, chickens, pigs, rabbits, and cows for the 4-H Fair.
- Dr. Pol’s favorite sport is soccer.
- Dr. Pol does not have an email account. His wife Diane along with his staff members answers all e-mail inquiries for Pol Veterinary Clinic.
September 29, 2011
Facts: How Now Downed Cow
Get to Know the Incredible Dr. Pol