- A baby rhinoceros will usually nurse for at least one year.
- Sheep are herd animals. They like being in groups and can be quite useful in fostering orphaned animals.
- Tonda the orangutan lived to 50 years old and spent her last three with TK the house cat.
- Foxes live in dens, called "earths" in the UK.
- Badgers build elaborate tunnel and burrow systems called "setts." Some clans occupy their setts for generations.
- The common name for a galago is a "bush baby."
- Female baboons are often fascinated by and interested in infants.
- Baby monkeys and apes require physical intimacy, usually provided by their mothers.
- Fewer than 5,000 black rhinos are left in the wild.
- Rhinos can get sunburns, so mothers give their babies daily mud baths to help them cool down and give them protection from the sun.
October 24, 2012
The Wild Bunch Facts